Both Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen are active volcanoes that are a completely different experience. Mount Bromo is very special with the spectacular sunrise panorama. Landscape of Mount Bromo, Mount Batok, and Mount Semeru that stand side by side at Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. Mount Bromo is part of the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park and very dusty, black volcano. Mount Ijen is about 200km further east and involves a night hike up. Once you make it into the volcano, you will see the blue flames (only visible before sunrise) and see the most acidic lake in the world. you will meet the miners, they are the strong local villagers who work at night to collect sulfur using very low safety gear standard. They risk themselves carrying 60-80 kilograms of sulfur down the mountain twice a day and the income they get depends on how many kilograms of sulfur they can bring down.After the sunrise, Ijen Crater turns into a fantastic volcano that you will always remember. The acidic turquoise lake, the truly exotic volcanic rugged cliffs, the smoke of sulfur, and the ambitious miners, all these combinations may make you more grateful for your life.
BROMO IJEN TOURS (3D/2N) Start in Surabaya or Malang
Itinerary : Private tours
Day 01. SURABAYA or MALANG - CEMORO LAWANG
Pick you up at Surabaya or Malang (airport, train station, hotel), approximately 3 hours drive transfer to Cemoro lawang, stay at Cafe Lava or similar. Free program
**If arrival before 11.00am and good weather, you will have time to visit Madakaripura waterfall, but for entrance tickets, taxi motorbike & local guide at Madakaripura waterfall will be your own cost.
Day 02. BROMO TOUR - BANYUWANGI or BONDOWOSO
Bromo tour start at 03:30am, the Jeep is waiting in front of your hotel, meet our driver then by Jeep drive to view point. Usually the sunrise around 05:00am, Witness an epic sunrise from the grandiose caldera of the Tenger-Bromo super volcano, the sunrises can be spectacular depending on weather conditions (not guarantee the weather), after sunrise back to jeep parking area and you will be heading to mount Bromo around 30 min,The Jeep will park near Luhur Poten temple. A Hindu temple still actively used by the Tengger people living near mount Bromo, then walk 30 minutes one way to the top of mount bromo, the last part is a stairs, climb up 245 stair to reach the top of mount bromo, stay careful with your steps. from the crater rim, Hear the roar of the earth while balancing on the edge of an active volcano crater. Approximately 07.30 AM the 4WD will bring you back to the hotel for have breakfast and shower. At 09.00am checking out and heading to Banyuwangi, approximately 6 hours drive (depending on traffic), stay at Watu dodol Hotel or similar. Free program
Please note:We not guarantee the sunrise at Bromo, because natural conditions can't be predicted
Day 03. IJEN TOUR - BALI
You will depart at 12:00am, our driver and guide will pick you up then 1 hour drive to paltuding, the entrance of Mount Ijen. In total, the hike to the Ijen peak takes about 1.5 hours depending on your pace, if you walk quickly you could do it in 1 hour, and even slow hikers won’t take more than 2 hours to reach Ijen peak. If you decide to go down the path is crowded, it’s steep and rocky, this part of the hike takes about 30 minutes in each direction. When you arrived at the bottom of ijen crater, you will see amazing blue flames. At 05:00am you will climb back to the top of mount ijen, enjoy scenery. At 06:00am back to Paltuding around 1 hour walking then meet our driver, you'll be taken back to the hotel for have a breakfast and shower. At 10:00 AM checking out, drive to ketapang ferry port, where you'll catch a ferry over to Gilimanuk ferry port, by private car transfer out to your hotel in Bali. Here, your three-day tour of the Indonesian volcanoes will come to an end.
*Please note: that blue fire on the day of your trip,cannot be guaranteed as they are subject to unpredictable weather conditions and if due to massive sulphur clouds it is too dangerous on that day to go down, you have to respect it for your own safety.
*If stay at Bondowoso town/ijen area (Ijen view hotel or similar), after Ijen tour not back to the hotel (breakfast box), but directly to Ketapang fery port, where you'll catch a ferry over to Gilimanuk ferry port in Bali.
*If the tour end at Surabaya Airport, after ijen tour not back to hotel, but directly to Surabaya airport. Please make your flight departure after 05:00pm (depart 07.30am from Paltuding/Ijen then arrive Surabaya airport approximately 03.00pm) or second option the itinerary will be changed, the first day to ijen area, stay overnight and the second day after visiting ijen crater to Bromo area, so the thrid day after bromo tour directly to Surabaya airport.
Optional tour: Bali - Ijen - Bromo - Surabaya (3D2N)
Discuss with us for a personalised quote and alternatives tour you need and budget.
: email@example.com Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private car with air cond, gasoline, driver, parking
- Toll road on a limited budget
- Private Jeep for Bromo tour
- Private car from hotel to paltuding/Ijen
- 1 night accommodation in Bromo (private room & bathroom, hot shower)
- 1 night accommodation in Ijen (private room & bathroom, hot shower, air cond)
- Meal: 2x breakfast
- Daily mineral water
- Entrance fees Bromo
- Entrance fees Ijen & blue fire
- English speaking local guide Ijen
- Professional gas masks
- Boat/Ferry fee to Bali
- Private car from Gilimanuk ferry port to your hotel in Bali
- Horse riding in Mt Bromo
- Lunch - Dinner
- English speaking local guide Bromo (OPTIONAL)
- Personal insurance/travel insurance
** No hidden fees
- For reservation, please make the down payment by Credit card,Paypal, Wise or Revolut and balance payment upon arrival/at picked up
- Please reconfirm a week before your arrival for make sure you come
- This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
- You must have a moderate level of fitness as a moderate amount of walking is involved
- Time in Java and Bali will be 1 hour different, 1 hour faster in Bali
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women,people with back problems, people with heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Mount Bromo is a friendly destination for families with children, the hiking trail on Mount Bromo is relatively easy. The 4x4 driver will drop you off at the parking area in front of Luhur Poten Temple and then take a short hike to the rim of crater. It takes around 1.5 Km or 30 minutes hike from Luhur Poten Temple to the Bromo's rim of crater.
- Mount Bromo lies in an open area called Sea of Sand. This is the wide savanna covered with volcanic ashes that make it easy to explore without a guide. Unless you want to go to a spot where it is more private or less crowded to enjoy the landscape or capture the milky way, then a guide is necessary.
- Bromo national park regularly monitors the activity of Mount Bromo. If there is dangerous volcanic activity, the national park would be closed for safety reasons. So, if the national park is open then it is absolutely safe to visit.
- Mount Bromo and Cemoro Lawang can be pretty chilly before sunrise since they’re 2,329 meters (7,641 ft) above sea level,the elevation at the viewpoint is a whopping 2,770 meters (9,088 ft). Temperatures can drop below 7 Celsius (45 F), and that doesn’t even factor in wind chill. It can get incredibly windy on the mountain peaks, and dry season is cooler than rainy season. However, you’ll only be chilly before sunrise. After that it warms up pretty quick, and the sun at this elevation is plenty strong.
- Mount Ijen is not a friendly destination for children under 7 years old and people who have problems with asthma, heart problems, extremely sensitive eyes. The sulfur/gas sometimes really strong and suddenly blows unpredictable to the hiking trail. This is the reason you must wear a professional gas mask(we provide) to help you breathe. Exploring Mount Ijen with an experienced guide is a must.
- Mount Ijen can be pretty chilly before sunrise since it’s well above sea level.Temperatures can drop below 7 Celsius (45 F), and it can get windy too since you’re on an exposed mountain. Still, it’s best to dress in layers, because when you’re hiking up the mountain you’ll warm up pretty quick and may even get hot.
- Mount Ijen:Usually, during the wet season, the volcanic activity near the crack of volcano is rising. If this activity occurs then authorities will close the trail going to the Blue Flame but travellers still have opportunity to enjoy the landscape from Ijen's rim of crater. Or, if the volcanic activities turn the toxicity of gas into a level of danger, then the authorities will close the entire site for safety reasons. Visiting Mount Ijen/Blue flame means you need to be ready for nature’s unpredictability.
- Ijen crater: Distance: 6 kilometers (3.7 mi) return, tour duration 8 hours return
- What should I pack? headlamp, personal medicine, warm clothing, other stuff like rain jacket,comfortable shoes, gloves, sunglasses
- Ijen will closed on friday of 1st week, every month