Sukamade founded in 1927 by a Dutch explorer. It is a natural, quiet, beautiful place and part of the 50,000 hectare Meru Betiri National Park. Almost every night of the year, turtles appear on Sukamade beach to lay eggs. It is clearly a globally important site and one which is protected 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by the over-worked park rangers. For thousands of years it has provided an undisturbed breeding sanctuary for a few species of giant sea turtle that live in the Pacific and Indian Oceans. Adventure by jeep through plantations, jungle and rivers to this very remote location for the rare opportunity to see these beautiful creatures in their natural habitat.
SURABAYA or MALANG - MOUNT BROMO - IJEN - SUKAMADE - DROP OFF UBUD BALI (4D3N)
Itinerary: Private tours
Day 01. Pick up at Surabaya or Malang
Pick up at Surabaya or Malang, approx 3 hours drive to Cemoro lawang, stay overnight at Cafe Lava or similar. Free program
*If arrival before 11.00am and good weather, you will have time to visit Madakaripura waterfall, entrance fees, taxi motorbike & local guidel will be your own cost.
Day 02. Bromo Sunrise Tour
Bromo Tour start at 03:00am, the Jeep is waiting in front of your hotel, meet our driver then by Jeep drive to view point. The sunrises can be spectacular depending on weather conditions (not guarantee the weather), after sunrise back to jeep parking area and you will be heading to mount Bromo around 20 min,The Jeep will park near Luhur Poten temple. A Hindu temple still actively used by the Tengger people living near mount Bromo, then walk 40 minutes one way to the top of mount bromo, the last part is a stairs, climb up 245 stair to reach the top of mount bromo, from the crater rim, you can see the active Bromo crater. Approximately 08.00am the 4WD will bring you back to hotel for have breakfast and shower. At 09.30am checking out and heading to Banyuwangi, approximately 6-7 hours drive, stay overnight at Ketapang Indah hotel or similar. Free program
*We can't guarantee that the sunrise at Bromo will be spectacular, because the weather and natural conditions can't be predicted
Day 03. Ijen Tour – Sukamade
- There is no guarantee that you will go down the crater/blue fire on the day of your trip, nature is unpredictable and if due to massive sulphur clouds it is too dangerous on that day to go down, you have to respect it for your own safety.
- The Ijen hiking trail opens at 02.00am
- To sleep in Sukamade there is only one homestay, that is also the most basic. Without a doubt this is a poor homestay! But that's what there is if you want to see the turtles, of course it is located only 300 meters from the beach where the turtles arrived. Put yourself in a worse position, so if you decide go, you might be surprised! don't let the inconvenience keep you from living a few hours with the turtles in Sukamade.
- Although the turtles come ashore almost every night, it isn't a guarantee that you will meet the turtles, because it's a natural.
- From Rajekwesi to Sukamade you will pass through forests, rivers and small villages.
- The jeep to Sukamade was old, uncomfortable and didn't have air cond
- The road will be bumpy and rocky, it's not comfortable for those of you who don't like adventure
Day 4. Release Baby Turtle – Bali
At 06:00am, walking to the beach around 300 meters, this morning it will be a special moment when you will release baby turtles from the hatchery at the beach, after that back to guesthouse to have breakfast. At 08:00am leave Sukamade then take 4WD drive to Ketapang ferry port around 4 hours drive, then take a ferry around 1.5 hours to reach Gilimanuk ferry port in the West tip of Bali Island, by private car from Gilimanuk port to your hotel in Bali (Ubud, Seminyak 4 hours drive). Finish program
Discuss with us for a personalised quote and alternatives tour you need and budget.
: email@example.com Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private car (AC), gasoline, driver, parking, donation, toll fees
- Private 4WD for sunrise tour and Mt Bromo
- Private transport from the hotel to Paltuding/Ijen.
- Private 4WD to Sukamade
- 1 night accommodation in Bromo (private room & bathroom, hot water)
- 1 night accommodation in Ijen (private room & bathroom, hot water, air cond)
- 1 night accommodation in Sukamade (basic accommodation)
- Accommodations’ breakfasts
- Mineral water
- Entrance fees Mt.bromo
- Entrance fees Ijen
- Entrance fees Sukamade
- English speaking Local guide Bromo
- English speaking Local Guide Ijen
- Professional gas Masks in Ijen
- Ranger/ English speaking local guide Sukamade in group (the guide from conservation officer)
- Release baby turtle fee
- In Sukamade we provide: toilet paper, wet tissue, some fruits
- Boat/ferry fees to Bali
- Private car for transfer out to your hotel in Bali
- Lunch dinner
- Horse riding in Bromo
- Private guide in Sukamade (OPTIONAL)
- Personal insurance
** No hidden fees
Know Before You Go:
- For reservation, please make the down payment by Credit card, PayPal, Wise or Revolut and balance payment upon arrival/at pick-up
- Please reconfirm a week before your arrival for make sure you come.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Private and exclusive tour, there will be no one else in the group except your partner, family or friends.
- Mount Bromo and Cemoro Lawang can be pretty chilly before sunrise since they’re 2,329 meters (7,641 ft) above sea level,the elevation at the viewpoint is a whopping 2,770 meters (9,088 ft). Temperatures can drop below 3-7 Celsius (45 F) and that doesn’t even factor in wind chill. It can get incredibly windy on the mountain peaks, and dry season is cooler than rainy season. However, you’ll only be chilly before sunrise. After that it warms up pretty quick, and the sun at this elevation is plenty strong
- Ijen crater can be pretty chilly before sunrise since it’s well above sea level.Temperatures can drop below 7 Celsius (45 F), and it can get windy too since you’re on an exposed mountain. Still, it’s best to dress in layers, because when you’re hiking up the mountain you’ll warm up pretty quick and may even get hot
- Ijen crater: Distance: 6 kilometers (3.7 mi) return, Duration: 3-5 hrs return
- There is no separate fee between climbing Mount Ijen and seeing the blue fire, ticket prices remain the same for all visitors without exception! that means there is no additional cost, that's according to management regulations in the Ijen crater area..
- What to bring? headlamp, personal medicine, warm clothing, other stuff like rain jacket, good pair of hiking shoes or sneakers, mosquito repellent, swimwear (if you want swim in green bay beach), sunglasses
- Guesthouse in Sukamade not provide towels, blanket and toiletries.
- The Sukamade Guesthouse is located in the forest, so don't be surprised by the monkeys around and in the room there are ants. If you decide to take a tour in Sukamade, you have to understand that because this is a conservation area.
- Ijen will closed on friday of 1st week, every month
- Please note: the Silence day (22nd March - 23rd March 2023) and Kasada (4th June - 5th June 2023). At that time Mount Bromo closed for religious purposes.
Also please read Term & Conditions before booking the tour.